Confessions of a Compulsive Organizer

Indicators That Your Central Air Conditioner Needs To Be Professionally Repaired

by Ricardo Hart

In order to reduce your chances of ending up without any air conditioning during the hottest months of the year, you are going to want to review the following signs that it might be time to have your central air unit repaired by a professional.

You Are Noticing That The Unit Itself Is Freezing

If you happen to go outside and notice that there are spots on the central air conditioning unit that are actually starting to develop ice, you will want to quickly call for the assistance of an HVAC technician. It may simply be a problem with the coolant, but it is an issue that you will want to have resolved right away before the unit freezes up to the point that it can no longer send cool air into your home. Also, if some parts become too cold, they can malfunction, causing them to also need to be replaced.

There Is Water Leaking From The Unit

Even if it is just a little bit of water, as long as it is consistently leaking, you will want to make sure that you are having the central air conditioning unit looked over by a trained HVAC technician. If the leak is coolant, instead of condensation, you will need to have it immediately repaired before you lose all of the coolant in the unit. Without a sufficient amount of coolant, your home will become very hot. Your skilled HVAC technician will be able to determine what the leak is, the exact spot it is leaking from, and determine the best course of action to promptly fix it for you.

You Notice Rust Pieces On The Ground Below The Unit

If you are starting to notice little shreds of rust on the ground beneath the central air unit, this is a good sign that it is time to call for an appointment with a reputable HVAC technician in your area. The rust may simply be from an old part that ca be easily swapped out. However, you will have a professional to examine the entire unit. If it is determined that the bottom of the unit itself is rusty it may need to be replaced with a new one.

With just those three signs of central air conditioning trouble in mind, you should be able to easily determine when it is time to call a skilled HVAC professional for some assistance.